Sunday 5 April 2009

St Gothians Sunday 5th April

Another day at St Gothians, I was actually taking surfing pictures when I decided to take a break. The Sand Martins were skimming the surface of one of the pools, so I thought I would try and capture this. Well I failed my best effort below. Despite manual pre focus on area's of the pool, rapid machine gun fire tactics, I only got eight Sand Martins on my card out of approx 100 shots (so that gives you an idea how difficult this is) I will be attempting this again soon if the Sand Martins oblige. The pipit is a great example of the depth of field on the 600mm f4, notice the focus is dead centre of the Pipit and post, wires and post outer edges are all out of focus. Lastly was a shot of a Linnet (I think) the light just fell right on it giving an image of great clarity.


Pipit: Exif: Canon 1d MK111, 600mm f4 lens, Aperture Priority, F4, 1/5000 sec, ISO 400, and +0.7 stop





Linnet: Exif: Canon 1d MK111, 600mm f4 lens, Aperture Priority, F4, 1/5000 sec, ISO 400, and +0.7 stop






Sand Martin: Exif: Canon 1d MK111, 600mm f4 lens, Aperture Priority, F4, 1/5000 sec, ISO 400, and +0.7 stop

No comments: