Tuesday 6 July 2010

Kestrels show off to the Camera

A revisit to Hells Mouth to retake the images I messed up yesterday. First off spotted an Oyster Catcher on its nest, bit far off for pictures.  Off around the cliffs to try and get seabirds again when I came across some Kestrels on the coastal path/cliff. With the 600mm and converter on camera I had to back off to get the shots.  Managed some but they didn't wait until I removed the converter for more pictures. Unbelievable how close though. Seen them on/off throughout the morning amongst others.  Also did a few shots a Godrevy but with the sun going in/out I called it a day. So back here, feel like I have been real lucky today. Hope you enjoy the pictures, and enlarge them to see them at their best.


Fulmar


Kestrel


Yep once he moved I was to close


Sometime later on the cliff path


One in flight


Razorbills


Feeding time for the Cormorants, I can see where the term "bit ones head off"comes from


Cormorant


Razorbills and Guillemots enjoying the sunshine


Guillemot

Kestrel obliging again


Another one behind me!!


Sand Martin Godrevy


Linnet after a dip

8 comments:

Ashley Hugo said...

Superb kestrel images!! The "blue-ness" of the 2nd and 3rd ones are amazing.
Also nice DoF of the Sand Martin shot.

Unknown said...

Class images of the kestrels I love the poses and colours of those photos.

JRandSue said...

Stunning shots Bob,i knew you would go back for more.
Hell's Mouth has a grip on people.
Excellent coverage,by your good self,well done mate.
john.

holdingmoments said...

Cracking set Bob. Love the Kestrel shots, and the feeding Cormorant.....wow!

Rachel said...

Cracking set of shots! i see what you mean i must take a look!
must go an have a look myself and try for a few bad shots!
looking forward to Thursdays images!

Chris said...

Hi,
I just found you on WPB and I'm happy i decided to visit this place again. your blog is wonderful and full of beautiful pictures. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!

Phil Slade said...

Just superb Kestrels Bob - colours and focus spot on.

Its Time to Live said...

Had to stop by and admire your blog. Spent some time with it and came away inspired. Thanks.