Sunday 11 July 2010

Porthgwarra

Headed out early today to Porthgwarra at 8am for some seabird photography. Unfortunately this wasn't early enough! I got there as the sun was on my left the birds were also coming from the left so two hours earlier and I would of been ok. Lots and lots of Gannets observed, and it is also good to see the coast in this area is a rejunvenated lush green full of life. When I went last year it was mostly brown and dried out.  Butterflies and small insects are in abundance so next time I visit I shall pop down on the heath instead of the cliffs and concentrate on some macro.


Gannet


Guillimot


A grey seal in one of the coves.


Gannets, there were many groups larger than this full of adults and youngsters.

4 comments:

JRandSue said...

Great shots Bob,you certainly cover a lot of ground.
We can't keep up with you.
John.

Chris said...

Great pictures. I love the flying gannet one, it is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Great images Bob will catch up with one of these days, All the best Keith

Claudia said...

Very beautiful pictures