Saturday 16 April 2011

Purple Heron at Longrock Pool

Ok all these shot were distant to start with as when I arrived the bird was well hidden in the reeds and didn't appear for some time.  When it flew I had snags with the AF likely tripod on unsteady ground (still I will double check that tomorrow) Sods law the one time you don't nail a flight shot is when a rariety comes along!!! It flew East down the far end of Marazion Marsh, then at 10am I seen it fly west again but didn't see it go down.  Anyhow onto the pictures of the bird:








2 comments:

Sam and Lisa said...

Well done Bob, the best I have seen yet of the Purple Heron photographed locally. I went down in the morning and had good views of it flying, no camera with me though.
Sam,

JRandSue said...

Superb collection Bob,love the flight shot.
Brilliant captures.
John.