Sunday 6 October 2013

Hayle And Helston

Well quite a few shots in this post, as I haven't been out much I will post more images than usual! I went to Hayle Estuary and Carnsew basin hoping to find the Osprey, I did see it but it was to distant for pictures. As a bonus the Black Winged Stilt came close enough for images, so more pictures off that.  Few of the local residents and one of some swan roosting at night on Helston Boating Lake.

On a separate note although I have primarily maintained this blog as a wildlife photography blog, I am thinking of tying it in with my website which will mean loosing the Cornwall Images Works Blog here: http://cornwallimageworks.blogspot.co.uk/. It just means a name change from Natural World Photography by Bob Sharples to Bob Sharples Photography Blog or something similar! It will still cover mostly wildlife so hopefully you will all remain followers of the blog and take an interest in some off the other photography subjects I cover.

Okay, onto the images from the last couple of days:

Large flocks over Carnsew Basin heading towards Hayle Estuary

Black Winged Stilt

Even I miss now and again, b----r!

Light has caught the eye on this one, which really adds to the image

Cormorant
Godwit on Hayle Estuary
Swans roosting on Helston Boating Lake (this was taken after dark using a long exposure, without flash, so as not to disturb the birds)

Curlew






4 comments:

Monts said...

Great set Bob looks like you had fun.

holdingmoments said...

Love the shots of the Stilt and Curlew.

Adrian Davey (Dibs) said...

Nice shots Bob,really like those Stilts.I must try and get down west as soon as.
Cheers

JRandSue said...

Amazing images Bob.
John.